Tuesday, April 21, 2009

He's a-comin!




Well, folks, it looks like we are finally closing in on the big event. I went to the midwife today, and she reports that I am 3cm dilated, 90% effaced, and James's head has descended nicely. She said she would be surprised if I was not in labor within 24 hours, but she "could make no guarantees" so we set up an appointment for Monday in order to check me out and make sure all was still well at that point for an induction next Friday, May 1. So... James will be out on May 1 whether he likes it or not, and very likely he'll come of his own accord sooner than that.

With labor clearly mapped out on the horizon, I decided it was time for my final set of belly pics. After this, my belly will be in hiding for quite some time, so enjoy it while you can:) I also included a bonus picture of my "bicep" which is admittedly not that impressive, but it served me well in yoga today, so I thought I'd give it some internet props. Yoga... it's own brilliant adventure... it was raining all day, and I left my car lights on, so my battery died while I was inside trying to make my legs into a pretzel around my belly. Luckily, one of the ladies I knew from my happy bambino classes came to yoga today and offered to bring her truck over to give me a jump (Thanks again, Jamie!!). Unfortunately, it was her husband's truck and it had a weird cover on the battery, so we couldn't figure out where we were supposed to attach the wires... so two giant-bellied women were standing in the middle of the street with jumper cables in-hand looking dumbfoundedly under the hood of a truck. It took a lot for me to push my feminist ideals aside and find a man to ask about battery location, but at least he was very gracious about pretending I was not completely useless. Once he "found" the battery for us, I was able to get the jump I required, so that was swell.
Just a quick FYI: we will probably be switching websites soon. Jess got me an account through the Apple store that will allow me to create my own beautiful webpage with a significantly more user-friendly format than this one. I'll let you know when it's up and running. Probably a few weeks before I have that kind of time or motivation to put into anything:)

One final thought:
I PROMISE I will post a blog (or make Jesse do it!) shortly after delivery. I will also have mom making rounds of calls and it is likely that I will be sending a mass text message. So, until then, my wonderfully enthusiastic baby brigade... know that I'll be resting or laboring for the next few days, and we'll be in touch soon with our wonderful news.
Much love,
the Bornselhofts

No comments: