Wednesday, April 15, 2009

labor?

Hello all:)
Jesse and I suffered through our first (and hopefully last?) false alarm last night.
I started having regular contractions about 5 min apart at around 10:30pm. I called the midwife at midnight and she said since I could still comfortably talk and move through the contractions there was no reason to come to the hospital, so we did our best to rest. The contractions seemed to slow down considerably at about 2am, at which point I was able to get some sleep. Unfortunately, Jess was up most of the night being worried and excited, so it was frustrating for us when he had to go to work today after all. We were both pretty disappointed when we woke up this morning and realized that it was either a false alarm, or an inconsistent early labor.

Earlier in the day yesterday, I had an unexpected burst of energy. I rocked at yoga class (probably the best practice of my life... the instructor really pushed me, but not past any limits. It felt AMAZING!) and then I went to the midwife in the afternoon. The news was basically the same as last time... any time would be great, no predictions about when or anything. I asked if she could tell about how big James might be... she thought on the high side of average: 7-8lbs. but she also said that "long-waisted" women like me are sometimes able to hide babies well, so he could be bigger.

Aside from that, there isn't really anything new going on this week. Just waiting. Sigh.

Love,
A slightly dejected mama-to-be

No comments: