Sunday, April 5, 2009

happy bambino/new registry

Hi all:)
I've had a few queries lately about what we still need for James, and I have a few new answers after completing the birth and newborn care classes this weekend. The classes were at Happy Bambino, a mom-owned and operated, nature-focused baby store and resource center here in Madison. The classes were incredible, and I feel totally armed with the information I need to get started off right. I created a new registry on their website (www.happybambino.com) with a few things that we still don't have, including a couple of wraps (gypsy takes priority over sling) and some resources (breastfeeding support and membership). Many of the classes would also be helpful gifts. In general, I feel like the merchandise they carry is really nice quality and the owners have personally researched it to make sure it's gets good reviews from both environmental and functional perspectives. Some of the stuff might be cheaper elsewhere, but I really am a big fan of this place, and I'd love to see them getting support as an awesome independent business.
Happily, Jess and I are feeling pretty well prepared, and there isn't a whole lot left we "can't live without" except, of course, the baby himself:)
Just wanted to put up that info right away, but I'll write a more fun entry in a couple of days. Who knows, maybe James will decide to COME OUT and then I can put up a REALLY fun entry:)
Love,
The newly-savvy preggo and co.

No comments: