Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sweet baby James

Hello all:)
For those who don't already know, Jess and I have decided on the first name of James for the baby. This was my grandpa Hubbard's name, and is also the name of Jess's grandpa and his brother, and his father's middle name. James's last name will be Born, like Jesse. The middle name, however, is still a point of debate. Jess likes Braeburn. I like Patterson, Michael, and Jonathan. My guess is we will go with none of those, but who knows. I figure James can tell us what he likes best when he comes out to meet us:)
My first voice teacher, Debbie Wahlberg, threw me a baby shower in Ironwood last weekend. It was apple themed, because Jess works for apple and I'm a teacher so I have my own apple career affiliations! They made a macbook cake, and one of the shower games was to unscramble names of apples. A grand time was had by all (I think... although if that's not the case, I choose to ignore the facts!) I know there are some Chicago-area folks looking for updates to my list of recieved items, so please check my previous post, entitled "about the registry" for the new scoop. As I looked at my pile of beautiful baby gifts, I think the reality of this little guy in my belly as a PERSON hit me full force for the first time... I mean, I had thought about that he would be a BABY, and then I thought about that he would be a BOY, but it hadn't truly registered that he's going to be a whole PERSON... a MAN even, eventually. Madness. I'm growing a man in my belly. Nature is a strange and tempermental beast. It makes me sleepy. Or perhaps that's James sapping me of all my energy. 7.5 weeks and counting. I need a nap.
Love,
a very sleepy, very round version of the lady previously known as leanne

No comments: