Sunday, February 15, 2009

coming into the home stretch


hehehe. 31 weeks here. I have had a busy couple of weeks, as I have finally started subbing in the Madison public schools. It's a far cry from Winnetka, and several students have already addressed me in a way that prompted me to put the fear of God into their hearts by using pregnancy-induced outbursts to my best advantage. Amazing how terrifying a pregnant woman can be! :) Unfortunately, I am not always able to channel my new hormones for good. Jess continues to be an excellent sport as I grumble about my aches, pains, and fatness. I do my best not to get too grumpy when he teases me, since he DOES manage to cater to my every need and spoil me whenever possible.... but sometimes I am just downright mean despite my best intentions. I'm grateful that he is the forgiving sort.
Tomorrow we're going to go to a Madison store called "Happy bambino" to check out birth and parenting classes we might want to take. Goodness knows it wouldn't hurt for us to be armed with a little more information before this guy emerges from my belly and demands that we have some clue what we're doing!
Happy day-after-the-holiday-i-usually-completely-ignore-but-this-year-enjoyed-because-my-family-rocks!
~Leanne and co.

1 comment:

Lindsay Estrada said...

Sounds like both of you are faring the hormones well! I think you look great! It wont' be long now! :)