Monday, December 29, 2008

and a happy new year!


Jesse and I had a mutual day off today, and we both decided to do NOTHING! I don't remember the last time that happened, but it has definitely been months. What a joy:) It has been nice to be back here, although I'm feeling antsy about the move at this point. We set the date of departure for January 12th, so hopefully we'll have enough time to settle in before Jess starts work on the 17th. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do to make money for the home-front once we get there, so if anyone has any brilliant ideas, let me know. It seems likely that I will be carrying over my waitressing prowess to the great state of Wisconsin.
In other news, I spent my Christmas in San Diego with Mom's side of the family, and we all had an incredible time. The baby was a big fan of the star trek museum, as well as the box seats at the poinsettia bowl (he was especially thrilled with the all-beef hot dogs with
sauerkraut!). He is also grateful to Santa (and Auntie Kate) for maternity clothes which prevent mom from squeezing into her pre-pregnancy jeans here in month 6. Belly pics to return next week, i think.
In lieu of belly photos this week, I thought I'd post a couple pics of Jesse and me from our summer trip to visit my family, for those who may not know what our faces look like yet!

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Hey Leanne! Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas in California :) The warm weather and palm trees must have been more enjoyable than the loads of snow, icy roads, and negative wind chills of Michigan! Best of luck to you and Jesse on your upcoming move to Madison! I'm so excited for you :)